Wicked Reads

Wicked Reads

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Ugly Love By Colleen Hoover (Adults Only)

Hey everyone, the book I will be sharing with you today seems to be a hit or miss among readers.

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Tate Collins moves in with her brother, Corbin, temporarily. From the day she moves in she meets the neighbor, Miles Archer, under unusual circumstances. She finds him sitting in front of her brother's door highly intoxicated. 

While getting him settled for the night he starts to babble saying that he is sorry, Rachel.

She finds herself wondering, who is Rachel?

AND

What did he do?

The next morning he introduces himself properly and explains that he is friends with her brother.

One thing is certain, he is the quiet type and hates to talk about himself.

As time goes on, the two cross paths frequently. Their mutual attraction is undeniable and the tension is heavy.

When the Collin's return home for Thanksgiving, Miles joins them.

In a moment of weakness he gives into his desires and kisses, Tate.

Once the flood gates open, confessions are made and a deal is struck, with only two rules:
*Never ask about the past.
*Don’t expect a future.
 
  
But can they share their bodies without giving away their hearts?

Colleen Hoover is my favorite author! However when it comes to this book, I have heard it is a hit or miss with readers. I wanted to read this book and find out what my take is. So, here it is...

While I can understand why some people have issues with Miles as a character, I can honestly say the internal struggles he was going through are realistic. I do not want to go into those struggles to avoid spoilers. However, I will say that as someone who has gone though a similar situation as an adult. What he was feeling numb, guilt, etc. are natural. That in no way excuses his actions and he could have done things differently. However, when you are a teen you are still trying to find yourself but when you lose a part of yourself before ever finding yourself, it can be that much more devastating.

I honestly could not have pulled through my situation without my, Sweet and I am an adult. Having someone solid stay by your side makes all the difference in the world.

Now with that said, I always REALLY enjoy Colleen Hoover's books and the writing was solid but, I did not think the main characters were right for each other. Tate knew Miles was going through something and kept thinking things would change. She would get so wrapped up and then when he couldn't give her what she needed she threw an internal pity party.

HAPPY READING!!!!

Best Wishes Always,

Wicked Woman



No comments:

Post a Comment