Wicked Reads

Wicked Reads

Sunday, September 27, 2015

White Hot Kiss By Jennifer L. Armentrout

Hey everyone, I have a Wicked Read to tell you about today!

White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Layla is a half demon, half gargoyle. She was adopted by the gargoyles a species called the Wardens, at a young age from the foster care system.

Growing up she was taught that Wardens were protectors of humanity and the demons were evil. As a child she was raised to ignore her demon side and embrace her Warden side.

Now, as a teenager she just wants to be normal. She has never even kissed a boy because one kiss and their soul would be gone.

Every day after school since the age of thirteen she has gone out tagging demons to make it easier for the Wardens to rid the world of evil.

One day, after eating lunch with her school friends, she follows what she believes to be a Poser demon. To her surprise it is not a Poser demon. It is a Seeker demon and she is in way over her head.

When it seems like her demise is near an upper level demon intervenes. As she witnesses the upper level demon take out the seeker demon, she takes the opportunity to flee.

Upon returning home, she tells her Warden childhood friend Zayne, all about her day but leaves out the part about her encounter.

The next day she goes to school. It is like any other day. Until, the upper level demon she came across yesterday, enters her biology class.

Roth a demon as hot as sin,  knows more about her then she does including all her secrets.

There is good and there is evil, black and white.

But what happens when everything you have ever known becomes shades of gray?

I ABSOLUTELY FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! The story is out of this world creative, unique and imaginative! I loved the characters! I found myself going back and forth between team Zayne and team Roth! I was flying through this book! Near the end of the book, I could not believe I had tears in my eyes over having compassion for a demon! I was in kind of a reading slump which is VERY RARE for me. This book pulled me out of that slump!

HAPPY READING!!!

Best Wishes Always,

Wicked Woman


No comments:

Post a Comment