Wicked Reads

Wicked Reads

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Heaven Is For Real By Todd Burpo

After seeing the movie trailer for Heaven Is For Real I decided to step out of my comfort zone and read my first and last spiritual book.

The book takes you on an emotional journey of a family who has been through several hardships. One hardship is put in the spotlight.

A young boy who experienced Heaven and then miraculously returned to continue his life with his family. The family then tries to make sense of his experience.

This book really hit me emotionally harder than I originally thought it would. I wish I had read this book sooner. I lost my youngest daughter in 2010. She was 24 days old when she passed. It still feels like it was yesterday.  I usually do not recommend books. Generally, I read the book/series, give an overview, and let the reader decide. Every reader is unique. However, I am making an exception with this book. If you or someone you know has lost a child and/or are going through a difficult experience with loss, I highly suggest picking this book up.

HAPPY READING!

Best Wishes Always,

Wicked Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment