Wicked Reads

Wicked Reads

Monday, October 12, 2015

The Selection By Kiera Cass

Hey everyone, I have a book candy read to share with you today!

The Selection by

America Singer's world, there are caste's, ones are the royals and eights are the homeless. 

America was born a five but the boy she loves, Aspen, was born a six. It is rare for anyone to marry below their caste.

However, that is exactly what she wants to do, marry for love.

BUT 

America's mother is very determined for her daughter to rise above her caste.

When America receives an invite to apply to take part in the Selection to be one of the prospects out of thirty-five women to be Prince Maxon's wife, she wants no part in it. 

As far as she is concerned she has made her own selection.

Shockingly, Aspen encourages her to apply. His reasoning is that he does not want her to have any regrets or what ifs weighing her down later in life.

Reluctantly, she agrees to apply

With a smile on her lips and a song in her heart, for Aspen, she applied.

Little does she know, that smile, gets her entered into the running.

Her world is about to change.

Will her heart remain the same? 

I surprisingly, LOVED this book! There are two reasons why I was shocked to have loved this book:
1. I am a thirty-three year old woman. That being said, I am not the target audience for this book
2. I do not like reality television and this kind of reminds me of the bachelor. Yet, it also reminds me of the television show Reign. I LOVE Reign!

This book is what I refer to as book candy. There is no nutritional value to feed your mind, but it sure is yummy!

I admit, I went into this book knowing a little of what it about. However, it did not ruin anything for me. I had heard mixed feelings about it and was curious of what my thoughts would be. I loved the main characters BUT a few of the side characters were nerve racking at times. This was a very fast paced read for me and as soon as I finished the book I started the second book, The Elite.

HAPPY READING!!! 

Best Wishes Always,

Wicked Reads



No comments:

Post a Comment