Wicked Reads

Wicked Reads

Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer By Michelle Hodkin

Hey everyone, I have an interesting read to share with you today!

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Mara Dyer wakes up in a hospital with no memory of why she is there. Her mother informs her that she was in an accident.

She is the only survivor, her best friend, her boyfriend, and a friend of her best friend are all dead.

She and her family move to a new state for a fresh start.

While at school she meets two boys, Jamie, a loner and Noah the most popular boy. She just wants to be normal.

BUT

she can't seem to escape the ghosts of her past.

Strange things start to happen, she sees the deceased ones of the accident, people are popping up dead and she has been having nightmares.

However, are these nightmares dreams or memories?

AND

Are these hallucinations just signs of PTSD?

OR

Is it something more dark and sinister?

She is desperate to remember what is locked away.

BUT

Can she handle the truth?

This book grabbed me, began to loosen its hold, then sucked me in completely! Even with the short time this book began to loosen its hold on me, I still found parts of it interesting enough to keep me reading. Usually, when a book starts to lose my interest I put the book down but, not with this book.
I had to know what happened to Mara and what was going on. The ending made up for the brief slow moments in the book! I will be picking up the sequel, The Evolution of Mara Dyer!

HAPPY READING!!!

Best Wishes Always,

Wicked Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment