Wicked Reads

Wicked Reads

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Landry Park By Bethany Hagen

Hi Everyone! I hope you all are well and have enjoyed some wonderfully beautiful spring weather! I am excited to share with you the amazing book I finished reading last evening!

Landry Park by Bethany Hagen is about an upper class (gentry) sixteen year old girl named Madeline Landry, an heir to Landry Park. She seeks more out of life then what is expected of her. She has been told all her life that her grandfather Jacob Landry is a hero who made life better for everyone. That the lower class (Rootless) ancestors were the enemy to progression. That since the Rootless ancestors were trying to stop the progression. Unlike the working class they are doomed to stay at the bottom, never to be able to improve their quality of life. Meanwhile, Madeline is trying to find a way to juggle her own desires and fulfill her family obligations. Along the way she discovers a dark family secret that affects everyone.

I loved this book! If you enjoy books or films like Downton Abbey you will probably enjoy this read.

This book is said to be a first. However, I do not know if it will be a trilogy or a series, yet. I will update this blog entry as soon as I know more.

HAPPY READING!

Best Wishes Always,

Wicked Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment