Wicked Reads

Wicked Reads

Monday, April 14, 2014

This Song Will Save Your Life By Leila Sales

The next book I picked up is This Song Will Save Your Life By Leila Sales.  Unfortunately, I did not like this book. I could not even force myself to finish reading it. The following is a summary of what I did read of it.(I only managed to read until chapter four.)

This unpopular teen girl is determined to change things around the next school year. However, when things do not go as plan she gets in the wrong frame of mind then when she comes across two girls that treat her nicely she cannot believe why they are even giving her the time of day. 

I know this is a YA novel but I personally would not allow my daughter to read something like this when she becomes a teen. I could go into more detail on my explanation but I do not want to give anything away for those who might want to read this book. Needless to say this book is not what I expected. I strongly dislike beginning a book and not finishing it. Sadly with this book I must. I really wanted to like this book and it saddens me that this book is the first book I not only did not enjoy but this is the first book in years I could not even bring myself to finish. I also felt that since this book held no enjoyment at all I would be wasting my time trying to read something I will not get hooked into when I could be reading something enjoyable. (After all that is what reading is all about.)

 To those who have read this book and enjoyed it I mean no disrespect. I am always happy for someone who enjoys a good book. We are all unique with different interests and tastes.

I hope you guys were able to enjoy any and all recent books you read. I look forward to moving on to my next book, I love sharing my thoughts with you all. I always get excited when it is on a  a more enjoyable read. Until next time....

HAPPY READING!

Best Wishes Always,

Wicked Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment