Wicked Reads

Wicked Reads

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Did I Mention I Love You? By Estelle Maskame

Hey everyone, I have a family drama mixed with twisted step brotherly love.

Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame

Reluctantly, sixteen year-old Eden Munro, agrees to visit her estranged father of three years for the summer in Santa Monica California, leaving her mother behind in Portland, Oregon.

In for a summer of awkwardness, she is hoping to enjoy herself from time to time.

Her father wastes no time trying to intertwine her into the family that he left Eden and her mother for. The new family consists of a stepmother and three stepbrothers.

Her stepmother and the younger stepbrothers seem nice enough, but not even a neighborhood barbecue could prepare her for the oldest stepbrother, Tyler.

He may be easy on the eyes but his bad boy attitude and questionable actions scream nothing but trouble.

Despite not knowing the true depth of what she got herself into when she agreed to visit, she is quick to make friends and is determined to make the most of her summer.

As the summer goes on, is Tyler truly a bad boy or is it just an act?

This summer could have more storms than California sunshine.

Overall, this book was enjoyable. However, the pacing was jerky. It started out slow then picked up, then slowed down. Towards the end, it finally picked up and held my interest from there to give a decent ending. While this story was not horrible it did not wow me. I did not find anything memorable about any of the characters. I have not decided if I will continue on with this trilogy or not.

HAPPY READING!!!!

Best Wishes Always,

Wicked Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment