Wicked Reads

Wicked Reads

Friday, October 3, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars By John Green

Hey everyone, I have decided to read a book from my personal T.B.R. pile. I know MOST everyone has read the book I have to share with you today. With that being said, I saw the film so I had to read the film to know the thoughts running through the characters heads. Normally, I read the books before watching the film adaption but not this time.


 The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

Hazel Grace Lancaster's parents feel she is depressed so they insist she attend a support group for children and teens living with cancer. The day she puts up her best efforts to try to get out of going changes her life forever.

Hazel was diagnosed at the age of thirteen with cancer. Now, at the age of sixteen she has become a realist. When she first sees Augustus Waters she finds him attractive. However, she is intrigued by his words as he shares his story.

Augustus Waters lost his leg to cancer and uses a prosthetic but he did not lose his spirit in the process.

Augustus catches Hazel off guard when he compliments her and asks her to come over to his place to watch a film. He manages to convince her and not scare her away with his driving skills or lack there of.

The two connect over her favorite book An Imperial Affliction but the book ends abruptly leaving the reader with many unanswered questions. Augustus is determined to do whatever he can to get Hazel the answers she seeks. Even, if it means the two traveling to Amsterdam to get them.

Life is a gift that can be taken at any moment. Make every moment count. In the end we all will be someones memory. 

I LOVED this book! I was pleasantly surprised at how  close the film adaption is to the book! Of course there were a few differences  off and on. However, I have not seen a film adaption so closely in-sync with the book in a VERY long time. WARNING read with a box of tissues near by. These kind of books do not normally make tears stream down but this book squeezed my heart and touched my soul.

HAPPY READING!!!!

Best Wishes Always,

Wicked Woman




No comments:

Post a Comment