Wicked Reads

Wicked Reads

Monday, December 14, 2015

The Book of Ivy By Amy Engel

Hey everyone, I have a fantastic dystopian duology to share with you! The first book is The Book of Ivy and the second is The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel. The second book picks right up where the first one leaves off. So, you will need to read these books in order. To avoid spoilers I will only be discussing The Book of Ivy, but I will be sharing my thoughts on this duology as a whole.

The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel

After a  nuclear war, the United States was forever changed. The Westfall's and the Lattimer's did not see eye to eye on how the new nation should be governed, which lead to more conflict. The Westfall's lost. 

Fifty years later, order is maintained by arranged, mid-teen marriages. The daughters of the losing side are married to the sons of the winning side, where they are expected to have children to add to the population.

It is Ivy Westfall's turn to be married to the president’s son, Bishop Lattimer. 

Ivy and her family have an arrangement of their own, for Ivy to kill Bishop. Leaving her father to govern the nation his way.

However, things may not be so black and white after all.

And does Ivy's family really want what is best for the people?

OR

Is there a more personal reason why they have made it their mission to dismantle the Lattimer family?

This is the BEST dystopian that I have read in a LONG time! This book was a very fast read for me! The story was unique. I felt pulled into the world with the characters. I LOVED both of the main characters! There was never a dull moment in either book! I highly recommend these books!

HAPPY READING!!!

Best Wishes Always,

Wicked Woman


No comments:

Post a Comment